If you are a school, company or planning a party, click on the relevant word for more details.
This fun workshop guides beginners through the steps to produce a drypoint print
This fun & friendly workshop is perfect for beginners who have little or no previous experience of the drypoint method. You will be guided through the steps from start to finish to produce a traditional drypoint and having a go at using a specialist printing press!
It’s a really fun class, in a relaxed atmosphere, it can get messy so wearing old clothes is recommended! Be prepared to add some elbow grease to your ink!
We aim for each participant to leave with three A4 prints on high quality printmaking paper (very professional!) And your finished drypoint “plate” which can be reprinted. Keep one for yourself and give the others as gifts … if you can bear to part with them!
- Classes last for 3 hours
- Brief introduction showing what you will be doing and how!
- Designs are drawn
- Drawing is scratched out of the “plate”( special plastic)
- Ink up & wipe
- Print goes through the press
- Pull the print ( exciting!!)
- Admire the outcome
- Maximum of 6 people per class
- Printing Press
- High quality printing paper
- Additional paper / card for tests runs
- Tea and coffee
- When? Weekdays 6:30pm to 9:30pm or Weekends 10:30am to 1:30pm.
- Where? If you have a group of 5 to 6 people we come to you! (Travel included within 15 mile radius of Belfast)
- Less than 5 people? Get in touch and we’ll sort you out
Book class Email email@example.com to sign up